Tuesday 8 October 2013

My Tall Ships Festival Experience

I went to the Tall Ships Festival at the National Maritime Museum on Monday which was part of the International Fleet Review. It was a new experience for me as I can't remember the last time I've been on a ship. I really enjoyed it as I learnt a fair bit about ships ranging from the layout, purpose of different ships and some history.

The James Craig took over 20 years to restore and the ship was worth around $20 million which was nice to note. The HMAS Vampire was also good as it reminded me of the submarine in the tv series Lost with its layout especially the bunk beds, the dim lighting, narrow halls and the green med kits.The Vikings replica ship was also cool as it had the attachable horns and even a shield inside the ship. I didn't realise that Vikings travelled really far on their boats just to trade. It also made me want to play Age of Empires again :D.

Overall, it was a good day and it would have been even better if I got onto the Endeavour and had more than 6 hours sleep!

Pics from left to right then bottom (Endeavour, HMAS Vampire Turrets, James Craig)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment